- Employment: Full-time
CSOFT’s Global Communications Department is looking for talented editors and translators to work closely with one of our key technology-sector clients. The ideal candidate must be a native English speaker, comfortable with explaining complex scientific and technical concepts in simple language, and ready to take on deadline-driven projects. This position will require simultaneous work on different types of documentation for different products, so organization and versatility are a must.
• Editing for one or more of the following content categories:
• Marketing materials and press releases
• Technical and management training materials and presentations
• Internal corporate documents
• Product and market research
• Frequent communication with a diverse map of stakeholders (in both Chinese and English)
• Information architecture, focusing on intuitive structure for a variety of different formats
• Translate materials from Chinese into English (dependent on Chinese ability and previous translation experience)
• At least two years writing, editing, and/or translation experience, with 5+ years preferred (in-house or agency are both OK)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Native English speaker, with a strong grasp of grammar and controlled language
• A strong writing portfolio (please include 1–2 writing samples with your application)
• Able to work independently and under pressure
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to empathize with a target audience and tailor your writing to them
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Intermediate or higher Chinese speaking and reading skills
• ZH-EN translation experience
• Degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Computer Science, or related subjects
• Strong understanding of IT and telecom industries
This position may require occasional travel within mainland China.
If you are interested or have any more questions, please send an email.