- Employment: Full-time
The International Theatre Institute ITI (World Organization for the Performing Arts) is looking for one new member of the General Secretariat Team, an Administrative Officer, at the ITI Headquarters in Shanghai.
ITI (www.iti-worldwide.org) is the world’s largest organization for the performing arts (theatre, drama, dance and musical theatre). It has around 90 Centres, 20 Cooperating Members and 14 International Project Groups. The tasks of the ITI Headquarters/General Secretariat Team consist of exchanging information, communication, coordination, organization and promotion of the work carried out by its members and of its major events (World Theatre Day Celebration Event, International Dance Day Celebration Event, ITI World Congress, etc.).
Job Description of Administrative Officer of ITI
The Administrative Officer of ITI mainly collaborates with the rest of the General Secretariat team (headed by the Director General of ITI), to make sure General Secretariat office is running well in many detailed aspects. Since French is one of the working languages of ITI, as a native French speaker, he/she will oversee the translation for the ITI documents, reports, newsletters, websites from English to French or vice versa. There will also be communication work between the General Secretariat Team and the French-speaking ITI members, especially the ITI Centres in Africa.
Since the General Secretariat is a small team, the Administrative Officer will also need to participate into the cultural events of ITI, working in a team in different aspects of the events (preparation, on-site and after). This may contain works like coordination with co-organizers, artists, related service providers, air tickets/hotel booking, event promotion, and creating report on the event after, etc. For more information on ITI’s major events, please check www.iti-worldwide.org and click on “EVENTS”.
Requirements for the Candidates:
- Native French speaker, fluent in English
- Currently working or living in China
- At least 3 years working experiences
- A higher education degree in a related field
- A responsible attitude, excellent administrative skills and an affinity for the performing arts and its artists from all over the world.
- Good presentation, communication, flexibility and interpersonal skills; highly self-motivated, proactive; confident, reliable, self-initiated and result-oriented; well-organized, attention to detail.
- Previous experiences in cultural event organizing are preferred.
- A good command of Microsoft Office.
A CV with Cover Letter and Recommendation Letter is required