- Employment: Freelance / Project
Stepping Stones is now recruiting enthusiastic volunteers to join its Classroom Teaching Program to teach English to migrant children in Shanghai. English is one of the three core subjects in the Chinese curriculum and it poses the most challenges to rural and migrant children.
- speak English well and confidently?
- enjoy interacting with children?
- want to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children?
Join us and make a difference! We warmly welcome volunteers from all backgrounds.
Key Program Information:
- When : Spring Semester (March to June 2018, any day from Monday to Sunday)
- Training in February
- Where : Migrant schools and community centers in and around Shanghai
Minimum Volunteering Commitment:
- - Once a week for a full school term with a minimum of 8 weeks teaching
Stepping Stones will provide an online orientation and a training session which will cover information on migrant children in China, migrant education, lesson planning, teaching tips and classroom management techniques. Training sessions will be conducted in February.