- Employment: Full-time
General Manager, China
- A leading international company in one of China's biggest industries
- A country head position, overseeing P&L, Operations, Production and Sales
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading suppliers of pig genetics, focused on providing superior genetics that supports profitability in the pork value chain. Breeding is at the core of my clients operations, aiming to support their customers with a team of industry-recognized professionals with experienced and practical advice.
My client operates a JV in partnership with one of China's leading Agriculture companies.
* Profit responsibility for own area - China.
* Define and execute strategy and action plans in China in line with the overall BU Swine strategy and in consultation with joint venture partner
* Manage and be pro-actively involved in all the sales and marketing activities (via the Joint Ventures, dealers, agents and/or own sales organization)
* Business development and Key Account acquisition
* Manages all the production and/or contracted production in case relevant for the area
* Staffing organization
* Take care of contacts with third parties, authorities, governmental bodies, education institutes, etc.
* Prepares the annual budget and manages budget, forecast, expenses, debtor control, margin and cost control etc. in accordance with company financial policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
You will be a seasoned specialist from within the Agriculture industry, ideally with substantial knowledge and a network in animal feed, animal slaughter or breeding/genetics. You will have a track record in Sales and leadership, ideally at GM level. You will understand how back office works and supports the business and you will have fist hand experience in managing functions such as Finance, HR etc.
*It is essential that you have significant experience from with the agriculture sector, or you will not be considered for this position*
You will also be expected to be driving the following:
* Market share
* Production results
* Sales volume
* Net profit
* Effective leadership and people management skills
* culturally sensitive
* Analytical and conceptual thinking
* Result oriented
* Market orientation
* Strong Commercial skills
What's on Offer
You will be working for one of Europe's foremost leaders on animal genetics, who have a long and prestigious history in this field.
Click here to apply.
Quote job ref: 3963077
+86 10 5969 0505