- Employment: Internship
Shanghaiist is looking for a few good interns
Interns will be expected to possess a wide variety of interests, as Shanghaiist covers a wide spectrum of life in Shanghai/China, including: arts, culture, sports, music, food, parties, events, business, human rights, politics, environment, LGBT issues, religion, technology, etc.
Someone well-versed in the Shanghai scene who would be willing to cover events around the city is a plus!
• Basic reporting experience
• Experience in writing and maintaining a blog
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn the workings of the Movable Type blog software
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn basic HTML
• Familiarity with or willingness to operate Adobe Photoshop, or some other picture editing software
• Good aesthetic sense
• An excellent command of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
• Extremely detail oriented, organized, able to work under deadlines
• Proficiency in Mandarin, though not required, will be a plus
Shanghaiist interns walk away with gained understanding of all aspects of online publishing, from the daily news cycle to reader interactivity.
Interns willing to work full-time may be paid a small honorarium. Part-time interns should be available to work at least 2 days a week. Internships last 3 months.